Pre op nerves

Options
AliB
AliB Member Posts: 41
edited 18. Oct 2017, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a hip replacement last June and leading up to it I felt quite anxious to the point that I could hardly eat...in the week beforehand I lost half a stone. Having my second hip done this week and up till now I have felt quite relaxed about it as I know all what to expect. However nausea started yesterday like last time can't seem to talk myself out of it. Is this quite normal ...has anyone else been the same pre op?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't but I think it understandable; you've had one done and know what to expect but any op (no matter how minor) is a major event to the body. Hips are reasonably straightforward to do which I hope offers a little comfort and hopefully your first one made a palpable difference to the quality of life. My view of surgery is that is it meant to make things better and, in my experience, it always has. Keep an eye on the worthy prize of reduced pain and improved mobility, that's the goal and you are starting that journey now. Good luck, let us know how it goes and don't forget we're here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I've had 2 THR's one knee replacement and one shoulder replacement. I've been nervous before all of them.
    I think its because you know what to expect even if they all went well
    I couldn't understand it either....Thought I would would feel less nervous
    Keep us updated and let us know how it goes

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, how are you feeling today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • AliB
    AliB Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Still feel a bit wobbly but not as bad as last time......seems to be first thing in the morning after have been keep waking up in the night...and usually thinking about it ! Hubby has just bought me in a rose from the garden ( last one in flower) in a vase and put it down in front of me on the desk.......cheered me up no end ... he's not usually prone to romantic gestures !!!!!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you're feeling a bit better and that the op goes well.(((())))Mig