Newbee

gerald12
gerald12 Member Posts: 2
edited 17. Oct 2017, 09:16 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all, I am new to this forum because up till yesterday I did not know i would be a qualified Member! I was admitted to hospital a few weeks back with a hip infection, 5 days in hospital and 600 antibiotics later and it seems my infection has gone but I have arthritis in my hip and knee. This is a bit unfair because I also have MS so maybe I am just being greedy? Anyway, I think I have lots of learning to do because I know nothing about arthritis and it seems some things that are fairly standard treatment for arthritis are not available to me because of the MS. So that's me, postings with questions will follow anon. Goodbye for now G

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello G and welcome to the forums from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis of Arthritis. It sounds to have been quite a shock diagnosis to you. Am I right in thinking you have Osteoarthritis in the hip and knee?

I attach a link to Arthritis Care’s information about Osteoarthritis:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/a-z-of-types/62-osteoarthritis

and about hip pain specifically

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/a-z-of-types/99-hip-pain

I have limited knowledge about Multiple Sclerosis and the limits it might put on medications for arthritis so you’ll have to fill us in. Unfortunately many members of the forum also have dual diagnoses so no need to feel you have been greedy!!

We have a great community here, who have lots of experience of arthritis, I know they will make you very welcome and help in any way they can so do ask away!

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I think MS is on the auto-immune spectrum but I am not too familiar with it and its effects. I have psoriatic and osteo arthritis, the meds for the former don't affect or improve the latter so life has its moments. :wink:

I hope you will post again because I would like to learn more from you about how the MS affects what you can do about the arthritis: there are around 300 kinds of auto-immune arthritic inflammatory conditions whereas OA has a more physical root. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben