Phone call, Cancellation, OMG!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 21. Oct 2017, 12:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just got a phone call from the hospital 10mins ago, a cancellation has come up for Mr Bell (my consultant) and they wanted to offer me the date for my total knee replacement operation. It's the 22nd November, of course I jumped at the chance!! So they are going to rush appointments for pre-op through and I have now spoken with O.T explained I have a stairlift to which she said 'Oh then the knee replacement class we can skip and I will see you on the ward instead!' So now the nerves have kicked 4 weeks and counting!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, I thought you meant your operation had been cancelled. This means less time to worry, Bubba, which can only be a good thing: get those domestic post-op arrangements underway! :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Great news.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Good news-hope the preparation goes well, less time to fret.

Deb
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Fantastic news.....

Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Bubba. this is wonderful news.

Try to pace yourself between now and the op - and whatever else you do - stay away from anyone with any kind of bug! Put an "exclusion zone" around yourself if you have to as, if you get a cold or a bug, that could cause a delay with the op and I'm sure you don't want that.

Good luck with the preparation. Please let us know when your pre-op is and I'll happily do pocket duties.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    That's great news, less time to wait now.

Hope all goes well.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Great news Bubba :D

I am over the moon for you.

I was also going to suggest you just stay as healthy as you can until then :) germy people are officially BANNED!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am really pleased for you bubba..of course the nerves have kicked in but the sooner the better..we will be here to support you ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Great news. When I got a cancellation, I had three days notice! Less time to worry, and you'll be recovering all the faster. You'll be fine.