Arthritis due to low Testosterone

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
edited 27. Oct 2017, 06:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello Dred and welcome

I have not heard of low testosterone causing arthritis but you have come to the right place for answers.

|Our web site offers numerous types of information and I am sure you have researched your questions.

I am positive someone on this forum will be able to give you more insight into your questions.

I found this web site quite informativehttps://www.healthline.com/health/low-testosterone/joint-pain

with love Denise Xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's an interesting theory, what kind of arthritis do you have? I know why I have mine, I was born with an over-active immune system (something that, as yet, cannot be reset to 'normal') which is the cause for my psoriatic arthritis: the joint damage from that has led to osteo arthritis. The medications I take suppress the immune system thus slowing the progress of the disease - and there's no doubt that it has, it's taken me years to get to the state I'm in. Once damage is done it cannot be undone by diet or medication.

I know that testosterone levels increase in females after the menopause (I am female and have the 'tache and hairy chin to prove it) but I don't think the increase in that has helped to improve my arthritis, well, if it has I haven't noticed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to the forums from me too dred.

I was wondering whether this issue applies only to men?

Women 'gain' testosterone after the menopause which is interesting as said by Dreamdaisy.

Toni x