Options
Nickyp
Nickyp Member Posts: 6
edited 27. Oct 2017, 11:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, just joined, I have arthritis in my knees, and am looking for any tips on coping. Not keen to have surgery yet, so am trying to manage the pain as best I can.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I too have arthritic knees, I started with psoriatic and that led to osteo, so both have both: fun it ain't. :wink: Is yours osteo or an auto-immune kind? The meds I take for the psoriatic don't affect the osteo, I manage that with pain relief, the occasional anti-inflammatory and rest. I'm in my twenty-first year of it all, the OA was diagnosed back in 2011. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nickyp Welcome to the forum.
    I too have had problems with my knees I can sympathize with you the pain is awful I still remember although I have had my new Knees total replacements for 8 and 5years Left and right, I went to the GP in the end as the knee pain was unbearable and was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis , you Don,t say wether you have been to GP or not. We have a helpline if you want to talk to a person telephone 0808 800 4050 and they can advise you on what you can do.
    The forum is also a good option its full of people going through pain and causes of their pain who will gladly talk to you,our most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat just choose one or two and start chatting.
    All the best and let us know how you get on
    Christine t98112