Unwell, should I postpone Mtrx?

Options
Taratemperance
Taratemperance Member Posts: 23
edited 8. Nov 2017, 15:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

It's Mtrx time (only my 4th week on it) but I am def brewing something! Throat, ears, cough all revving up! Do I take it this week or postpone? I've only got 2 day window as I work (as a Nurse) Mon, Tues, Wed so take it thur to allow me to recover from the side effects by Monday again. My job doesn't help me to avoid unwell people sadly.

Advice from the more experienced please.
Xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My hospital (a teaching one) has always told me to stop my meth and humira if I start a cold / sore throat / stomach upset so I always have. If you have not been advised this by your hospital then you must contact the rheumatology department and check with them: I am not a doc, just a very experienced patient but cannot advise. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Taratemperance
    Options
    Thanks DD

I am inclined to agree with you, I was given sooooo much info by Rheumy Nurse it all blended into a big mess of information! I tried ringing the team but it's a voicemail with return call in 3 days.

Will see how tonight goes
    X
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Like DD I was always advised to stop meds if unwell as they suppress our immune system so the body fights infections less effectively. I wonder whether your rheumy gave you leaflets about your medication as that might give you the information you need whilst awaiting a call back?

Could you ask your GP for advice-maybe a phone call asking for a call back?

Hope you feel better soon.

Deb x
  • Taratemperance
    Options
    Thanks Deb,

I have left a voicemail on Rheumy Nurses number. I did however ring my GP surgery & was advised not to take mtx & can see someone tnrw if it gets worse.

Fingers crossed x