Short notice pocket duties

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 16. Nov 2017, 17:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just had a phone call from my local hospital about my pelvic scan. They had a space for tomorrow so I naturally said yes! It's at 1.50 it is short notice and as it is also an internal scan :!: I quite understand if pocket dwellers are thin in number.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in but I'll stay in the coffee shop as I have a vile cold (and I daresay everyone else in there will be in the same boat). Good luck, I don't envy you! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll join you Slosh, hope it goes well. A number of years ago I had a similar experience and it took me several hours to stop blushing- I had such a sheltered upbringing! :oops: .

At least you don't have too long to wait and worry.

Deb x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Im in slosh.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Retrospective good wishes, Slosh. I hope all went well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to tick the notify me button! Lovely radiologist, and the best news is that my ovaries look just as they should do for my age with no cysts or growths. Very relieved.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hurrah! That is good news indeed so I hope they can sort out the mystery of the raised hormones. Many moons ago, and unbeknownst to me, I had a 3.8 kg cyst hanging off my right ovary (I thought I was fat). One night it twisted on its stem thus cutting off its blood supply: then I knew about it. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks DD, my GP has also referred me to Endochronology (not sure of spelling), as my blood test showed raised HCG levels. My daughter has Polycystic ovaries and has told me how painful they are when they burst.
    So I now have a physio appt (29/12), and a pain clinic one (26/1), just waiting on the endo one. Thank goodness (but not Jeremy Hunt!) for the NHS.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm glad all is well on the ovarian front, Slosh. It's nice when we find some bit of us is functioning as it should.

Good luck with the next two appointments and hear hear re J Hunt.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, mind you as I'm post menopause they're not working anymore, in fact I felt quite sorry for them when they were described as "shrivelled" which was normal for my age. Shrivelled or not I'm glad they're not doing anything they shouldn't!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :shock:

I guess I qualify for the shrivelled club, then :lol:
    Steven Wright