Newbie alert - HIP replacemen completed

Options
poultonreds
poultonreds Member Posts: 2
edited 2. Dec 2017, 14:08 in Say Hello Archive
hi everyone, just come across this form, unfortunately at the age of 46 ive recently had a left hip replacement so will be looking for advice & help over the coming months coming to terms with it & receiving advice on the do & don't of getting back to fitness asap

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello poultonreds and welcome to the forums from the moderation team.

I am very pleased to meet you after your recent hip replacement. Better late than never though!

This is a useful link to information about hip replacement surgery by Arthritis Research UK:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/surgery/hip-replacement-surgery.aspx

If you read down there is information about recovery and looking after your new hip.

We have a great community here, who have lots of experience of arthritis, I know they will make you very welcome and help if they can. Hopefully someone will be along soon to share their experience.

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi there. Congratulations on the new hip. I hope it's as big a success as mine. Just listen to the docs and physio and do as they say. Don't try to rush things. You won't go far wrong.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dalek
    dalek Member Posts: 32
    Options
    hi everyone, just come across this form, unfortunately at the age of 46 ive recently had a left hip replacement so will be looking for advice & help over the coming months coming to terms with it & receiving advice on the do & don't of getting back to fitness asap
    I had mine at 30, now 45.
    You don't need to come to terms with it, within a few months you will forget you have it.

Sent from my Signature Touch using Tapatalk