I'm fully armed!

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
edited 12. Dec 2017, 15:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yeah, armed with superglue, bits of wire, elastic and small pliers to mend christmas decorations, why do I always get the job? A snowman and a reindeer are on the list.......

The lit up reindeer got brought out the other night, I've hidden it for a night or two, the electricity company loves us, its profits doubles at this time of the year. Now how do you get yer fingers apart after supergluing them........? humbugs!!

christmas02

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    , why do I always get the job?

Because you're Super(glue)man, Airwave.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Anything decorations-related is firmly in my territory because I have more patience and more interest in the challenges presented. I will soon be buying a glue gun (a nice cheap one from Dunelm) because I have two glass ornaments to mend and don't fancy gluing my fingers together.

I must compliment The Spouse, however, on his willingness to get the steps out to put the reindeer up in the kitchen (they are standing models which fit neatly in the recess for the uplighters), the two moose that sit on the ledge of said recess, the 3D wooden stars that hang from said recess edge plus installing the recent addition of a wire antelope head (adorned with a touch of tinsel) above the entrance to the hall. He is a Bah Humbug, I am the polar opposite and he bears it all with very good grace. DD

christmas01
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    DD, get the cyano (superglue) from a modeling shop, you can purchase slim nozzle extensions and apply tiny amounts at a time, try the thinest type of cyano glue, should work well. You can also buy a cyano fixer to squirt at the glue or pre-apply it to the other side, it'll work very quickly on surfaces that it won't usually glue well.

Still got sticky fingers? Wear gloves or get hubby to do it! tcold