New trials annouced for anti OA meds

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 27. Dec 2017, 04:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
On the main BBC news tonight, a new injection to counter OA affects and repair tissue, I didn't get all the details but trials starting 2018, what good news.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thankyou for this Airwave..I will look out for it..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Did I miss ir? I didn't see anything. Nor is there anything on the ARUK website. Was it just a happy dream, Airwave :animal_busy:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Options
    It was on the news, American trials I believe. I expect the newsroom finds other things to talk about, it went with another story about 'superagers' or those that live healthly into their old age.

I know this is the Trump era of fake but it did happen! A bit like the 'X Files', its out there somewhere!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Getting ill is one of the occupational hazards of being alive and the major boon of being ill is that one gets better. I don't regard my arthritis as an illness because it fails that vital criteria; yes, it is life-affecting, life-changing, life-challenging and life-spoiling but so what? Life is a lottery one has to play because two people, either through accident or choice, had a child.

I have seen for myself the benefits of faster treatment for the auto-immune kinds and that has to be a good thing. I am sure there will be a breakthrough for OA one day and hope will be offered to many which can only be another good thing. DD

christmas02

PS I have a glue gun! We don't have the kind of shop you mentioned in my town but, on doing research in a local hardware store (a gem of a place) and receiving some good advice I walked out with £9.00 worth of hot glue gun. Experiments will shortly commence!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Airwave!

Is this what you heard? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42273362
    newyear01
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Elna.

I'd heard the news item but don't recall arthritis being mentioned. This article does mention it. However, I think I'm with the woman who, asked about the secret of her remarkable agility, advised choosing one's parents carefully :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Yes, thats the article, injecting cells into the joints. It does give hope that at least something is happening for the future if not for us.