Pain left side of knee and lower leg

Options
joanne1
joanne1 Member Posts: 2
I am having a problem walking due to pain on the lower lanterior leg from the knee down. Would a knee brace help. Ibuprofen. Not helping

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne1
    welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having pain in your lower leg. I really couldn't say if a brace would help or not. I would suggest you go and see your GP. They would be able to provide you with some better pain medication and maybe refer you to a physiotherapist for some excises. You may find this section of the website about managing pain useful. https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/managing-pain
    There are lots of wonderful people here who will be able o offer you ideas and support. Let us know how you get on
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne1,

I am sorry to hear about your lower leg pain, and that the Ibruprofen you have taken isn’t helping.

I see that Sharon has posted a helpful reply last night and there is nothing further I can add in terms of information. If you would like to discuss any further questions about arthritis, or talk over how you are feeling, I hope you will call the Arthritis Care Helpline.

Best wishes,

Rachael, Helpline Worker