Hip mobility ....or lack of it

Options
kfrweaving
kfrweaving Member Posts: 45
On Sunday and Monday getting up in the morning took ages. My left hip refused to move for several seconds and was complete agony. I put this down to the act that i had been lying down all night, but twisting and turning as i frequently now cannot get a decent nights sleep. But this short sharp pain that stops me sudently has been happening in the daytime too when i have been moving. I'm on the list for a steroid injection, but my consultant has also mentioned surgery......this will depend on my epilepsy.
But yesterday i was in so much pain and physically drained. I'm taking pain killers. Now a sharper pain has started up just lower down from my hip. I'm hoping it's just a strain.
I realise that my steroid injection won't be for quite a while due to the pressure the NHS are under, so am not expecting things to happen quickly.
But i haven't felt so low before with my arthritis at finding myself unable to move and then only being able to move dry slowly. I have pulled out of a charity swim. My GP said to keep swimming though as i know it is good for me.
Whether my arthritis is worse or the weather is worse i don't know, but last winter i didn't feel as much pain as i am feeling now.
Sorry to let off a bit of steam. I can't get to a support group where i am and no one around me has OE. If they do they have cars, which i don't have and at time it feels frustrating.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi kfrweaving

Many thanks for your message, it sounds as if you’re going through quite a challenging time.
    You mention feeling low, and sometimes managing pain physically as well as emotionally can be difficult.

You are very welcome to give us a call on our freephone helpline: 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 9.30-5), here we can take our time to talk informally and in confidence, sometimes a listening ear can be helpful.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to get to a support group and can hear your frustration around this.
    For support and shared experiences you might like to post on our ‘living with arthritis’ forum where hopefully you will get more responses from other forum members https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=8

As it may be a while before you receive your steroid injection, I’m just wondering if you have spoken to your GP about the sharper pain you are experiencing.

Lastly, here is a link which will take you to our ‘Managing Pain’ booklet, this can be quite helpful and give tips to help manage pain aside from medications: https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/217-managing-pain
    I hope this is of some help.

Best wishes
    Lynda
    Helplines Team