Still keeping the weight off

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 29. Jan 2018, 14:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, I've been under (or initially at) my Slimming World target weight for over a year now. :lol::lol:

I've not been going to weigh-in since end of August last year as I'd gradually slipped 7lbs under my target so, going by the rules, I either needed to re-set my target weight down by a further 7lbs or put weight back on to avoid paying. I wasn't going to put weight back on; nor did I want to re-set that low as, although I can weigh-in here at 7am without having had anything to eat or drink, the times for the meetings I could get to were either late morning or evening. So I'd never have achieved the lower weight on the official scales. And I didn't want to give SW any more of my money!

My weight can fluctuate by a pound or two. If I see a "trend" starting of even half a pound gain a week for 3 weeks, I then re-look at what I've been eating. And I usually find I've not had enough vegetables or had a treat somewhere to account for that gain. And then I get it under control again.

My healthy eating plan is now a way of life. I feel better in myself for having lost - and kept off - the weight but sadly my joints haven't shown any appreciation for all my hard work. :roll: Never mind, I know that I've maintained the weight loss - that's what matters! :lol:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blooming ungrateful joints!
    Well done, losing weight is one thing but maintaining that weight loss is is down to determination and a very strong will power.
    I am a little worried about SW ( Sticky Wicket ?) taking your money! Just tell her " no! " she'll back off I'm sure :?
    Numpty
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thanks.

SW = Slimming World. Don't think our Sticky would dare to try to get my hard earnt cash off me somehow! :lol:

GraceB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Grace I am so proud of you!!!

Amazing achievement. Well actually not amazing really as you do show determination in anything you do!

Turbogran was with SW too and kept hers off as well. I really think it's a good plan as it seems to give you the tools for a permanent change in eating habits.

Well done you and of course you can weigh-in at home!

Love

Toni xx t69044
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Well done, Grace. Nah, I wouldn't take your money - whatever Numpty says :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your support.

Apart from anything else I've chucked all my bigger clothes - most went to charity. And I'm too mean with my money to want to buy bigger ones all over again. No better incentive for keeping the weight off! :lol:

And yes, I'm not only determined but bl**dy stubborn. Typical Taurean ...

GraceB