Hello Starburst!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Mar 2018, 05:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
We haven't heard from you for a little while, I hope all is well as possible with you and yours. I have been (and am) thinking of you. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I echo that. I hope all is as well as possible, Sophie.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Starburst, you are still in my thoughts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for thinking of me. I am ok. I started my new job and it’s keeping me busy. I’m working 3 days a week but plan to return to my usual hours in May which will be hard but I’m really looking forward to it. I also turn the big three oh in May. :shock: I’m not sure how time has passed so quickly, I don’t feel like I’m young anymore! I continue to make a slow but steady physical recovery. The emotional recovery has been a lot slower which is part of the reason why I’ve kept away. It’s been hard admitting to myself that I have been so badly affected by what I went through. I think it’s because I’ve always tried to be emotionally robust and I’ve had a lot of guilt around that. That said, I’m slowly returning to the old me. I hope you are all doing well. Thinking of you all, as always. I may not be around online but that doesn’t mean that I don’t think about my AC forum friends.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello and, as ever, lovely to see you :D:D

You are doing, and have done, amazingly well with your work. This no longer surprises me as you always have pushed yourself further than one might have thought possible. 30, eh? I remember when you first came here as an undergrad. So many achievements since then.

Sophie, you went to hell and back after that op. Of course it takes some time to recover physically and even more so emotionally. Guilt? For what? I'm sure you're never so hard on the people you deal with in your work. Cut yourself a bit of slack, girl. You've more than earned it.

Thanks for coming to put our ,minds at rest. Now start planning the party :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Just want to echo Sticky's wise words. Think what you would say to a client in your situation then take the advice. Be gentle on yourself, emotional healing takes a long time.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich