Hello

Options
Ginaanne
Ginaanne Member Posts: 2
edited 4. Feb 2018, 08:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hi and thank you for adding me. Some information about myself I’ve been told for years the pain in my back and hip is muscular until last week when referred. I was given a X-ray and told by the consultant I have bad OA in my lower back and it’s bad and he’s sorry there’s nothing he can do to help other than refer me to a physiotherapist. I’m unable to take any anti inflammatories or codeine because of serious side effects. So he said he couldn’t give me morphine. I can cope with paracetamol and advised to take it daily. He has said he can see if a steroid injection will help my hip as the OA is there too. The thing is, I’ve struggled with pain in my aches for years and over the years they’re collapsed totally and I’ve brought ache supports from boots. This helped for a while but the pain has increased, only yesterday I’ve noticed four toes are turning out on my left foot and pain in my aches & heels is worse especially the last few days. Do you think it could be related. I can’t sleep well because of the pain. Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Ginaanne

Welcome to our forum. You will find our members warm and welcoming and able to offer lots of invaluable help and advice.

Im sorry to hear you are struggling witb your hips and feet, here is a link to download or request by post a booklet on foot pain:

www.arthritisresearchuk.org/shop/products/publications/patient-information/conditions/feet-footwear-and-arthritis.aspx

You can also call out helpline on 0808 800 4050.

Good luck

Sharon T
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I am so sorry you have had to find us, but be reassured that we get it because we've got it

Pain relief merely blunts the sharper edges, the stronger the pain relief the deeper it blunts but nothing truly clears it. If you are coping with paracetamol them yes, a steady but small intake is the best way to manage the pain along with distraction techniques. I too have flat feet (many of us on here do) and for me I think it is the result of my unconsciously changing the way I walked as my condition deteriorated. When our backs, hips, knees, ankles and toes are affected we naturally move differently, trying to reduce the pain, throwing other joints out of kilter so the trouble spreads. Once joints are damaged the damage cannot be undone. Do you use any walking aids? I use a rollator with a seat for when I am out and about, this means I can go further for longer and rest whenever I need. I've used one for some years now (I began aged 37 and am now nearly 59) and I am positive that has helped to preserve my range of movement in my hips. The pain in your heels could be plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendonitis but I am not a doc, you would be best going to see your GP and give him a comprehensive account of what joints are affected and when they worsen.

I hope you find the forum informative, we will do our best to help and support. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben