35 year old newbie

Options
PandorasButterfly
PandorasButterfly Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Feb 2018, 13:54 in Say Hello Archive
Hello all,
My name is Louise, married mama of three beautiful children age 16/9/6 i have sero- negative arthritis, fibromyalgia, ptsd, non epileptic attack disorder and a type 2 diabetic. So not much wrong with me :lol:

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago yet had suffered pain from a young age and was put down to " GROWING PAINS!"
i eventually seen a rheumatologist 4 years ago to be told i have sero negative arthritis my hands wrists feet ankles and knees swell go red my blood vessels also swell very badly :( i have tried sulfa-oxy - mtx injections and now being told to try leflunamid im at my wits end

Life is a never ending fight to live and survive as what our world would call a normal human being!
My husband nearly dies 4 years ago to meningeoenchpalitis and has been left with life long damage having survived it.

Really looking forward to chatting to you all, much healing hugs and inner strength to all xxx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome pandorasbutterfly

Thankyou for joining our forum. You will find our members warm and welcoming and able to offer lots of invaluable help and advice.

Im sorry you are struggling to find the right meds. Here is some info on leflunomide

www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/drugs/leflunomide.aspx

You can also call our helpline on 0808 800 4050.

Good luck

Sharon T
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I am married, deliberately childless and bothered by psoriatic arthritis (PsA) osteo arthritis and fibro. PsA is one of the sero-negative kinds of auto-immune arthritis and my developing it was a natural progression: I was born with an over-active immune system but its behaviour is finally under control thanks to the meds. You name it, I've tried it, but the PsA continued regardless and of course they do nothing for the OA.

Your growing pains could well have been JIA (I think that stands for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, an auto-immune arthritis that affects children) but we'll never know now. People still assume that arthritis is only for the elderly but that is completely wrong. I am on injected methotrexate and humira (an anti-TNF medication) and that is controlling the PsA very well. Pain relief and no over-exertion helps me to better manage the OA and fibro. I agree that life is a struggle but I am one of life's optimists: I know that things aren't going to improve so it's down to me to make the most of what I have whilst I have it. Arthritis and fibro has changed the way I live my life but it doesn't rule my life: I won't let it.

I started aged 37 and am now nearly 59 - I've earned my arthritic stripes. :wink: I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PandorasButterfly
    PandorasButterfly Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Awww hello both,
    Thank you for taking your time to reply to me, it really does mean alot xxx

I'm heading into a week of stress with study and an ESA appointment to see if im fit for work :(

Hope your sunday has been an easy pain one xx much love xx
  • seznh
    seznh Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi - I have just signed up - Hope you are finding the site helpful... I am hoping to as feel like a bit of a 'freak' having this problem at 42 (although diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago after 6 months wondering what was going on). It is all quite scary and hoping for support.....