Mellie23
Mellie23 Member Posts: 24
Hi all I’m very new to forums & don’t really know where to start - i’m 3 weeks post arthroscopy & still swollen & on crutches when I’m out & about. I was only told before arthroscopy (op done on 15th January) that my knee cap was eroding but just before going down to theatre I was told the erosion was due to arthritis & when I went to physio on Wednesday I was told I had arthritis behind my kneecap. I haven’t seen the surgeon yet (i’m due to see him on 27/2) i was told to put in my claim for Pip now. I’m back at work but struggling so don’t know if I should wait until I’ve seen surgeon or to do it now. I don’t know whether if i’m still struggling from surgery or if it’s the way it’s going to be from now on - what do you think- never claimed anything before now x any advice would be appreciated x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello
    Welcome to the forums. I am sure you find them useful, find support, advice. light relief and encouragement from the members here.

There are several people on here that have arthritis of the knees.
    who will probably offer you support and advice on your knee problem. As well as your PIP query.

It might be a help to you if you look at this :
    https://arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/financial-support-and-arthritis/personal-independence-payment-pip

If you would like to chat to someone about your queries Arthritis Care has a freephone helpline which is open Monday to Friday from 9 to 4. It is 0808 800 4050.

I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the arthritis 'hangers-on' or look after family with the same.

I look forward to seeing you again on the forums.

Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Mellie and welcome from me too.

I don't know much about arthroscopies but I do know far too much about arthritis. I've had both knees replaced.

I think, in your situation, I'd be making a list of questions to ask the consultant when you see him. Preferably take someone with you so that there will be another pair of ears to listen to the answers.

Bear in mind that the knee and the kneecap are not the same thing. The kneecap (or patella) sits over the knee joint to protect it. I believe it's possible to get arthritis in the kneecap but far more usual in the joint itself.

This is my first - and only - forum and it does seem quite bewildering when we first join. I would suggest you copy your thread to the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look on there. This is the 'News' forum and not much frequented.

Please stick with us and ask away if you have questions :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Whoops :oops: Did you spot the not-so-deliberate mistake? This isn't the 'News' forum. You are in exactly the right place for a PIP or 'Work' enquiry. Even so, I think you might get more replies on Living With Arthritis.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mellie23
    Mellie23 Member Posts: 24
    Hi all thanks for the advice x i’ll copy my post over to the other forum (once I work out how to do it lol)
  • Comeragh12
    Comeragh12 Member Posts: 2
    Mellie23 wrote:
    Hi all thanks for the advice x i’ll copy my post over to the other forum (once I work out how to do it lol)
    Hi im new just getting used to the forums

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk