juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

Options
Rhian2301
Rhian2301 Member Posts: 5
edited 9. Feb 2018, 16:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi im new to this. Does anyone else suffer from this. I was diagnosed at the age of 13 and now im 35 and the disease has spread throughout my body, making me bedbound atm.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I was born with auto-immune issues so my developing psoriatic arthritis was, on reflection, no great surprise: at least it had the decency to hold off until I was thirty-seven. I also have OA (osteo arthritis) and I too have spent today in bed as I am not very well. I started with one joint, now it's around forty so something hurts somewhere all the time: I'm used to it now. :lol:

Does anyone else in your family have auto-immune issues? My parents missed the genetic bullets they happily fired in creating me but back in those days nobody knew about genes and genetics. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Rhian2301 and welcome to the forum
    I am so sorry you are suffering like this, I have a young friend age 14 now, I think..I am 67..he started around 7 years old..at the moment he is trying out new Damards..I do feel for you being so young..have you been put on any meds at all..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi. I think, if I were to be diagnosed today, it would be JIA. Back in 1961 they said Stills because, it was Stills if you got RA before you were 16. I was 15 but it probably all kicked off 4 years before when they thought I had rheumatic fever.

I've never been bedbound except for short periods in the early years. How are you now? Which meds do you take? I do wellmon methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine but the damage to my joints was done long before them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright