From one extreme to another,

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 16. Feb 2018, 11:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
So last Sunday morning I had a WONDERFUL time at the fashion shoot doing a bit of modelling. I had a stunning 60's sheath evening dress chosen for me which the stylist (!) accessorised with chunky silvery bracelets and a Versace inspired silk bomber jacket. I had a pair of my earrings on and I am going to get a photo credit in the magazine for this. It was a great experience, a real Gok moment (but I didn't have to get naked) and I'm so glad I had the opportunity.
It also raised awareness in the fashion editor/stylish about the needs of disabled people in terms of clothing.
I was tired and achy after but on a high!

Monday afternoon I came down to earth with a bang. I had forgotten that physios lie. The so-called "gentle" fitness for life class was not gentle, it was hard work. It was led by 2 physios and the physio rehab assistant who I know from working with him two years ago. He was great and took me round each station, putting in place adjustments for me so I could manage.
Tuesday.....you can imagine.
I am even more in awe of DD and her work with her personal trainer.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are all such an inspiration to me Slosh. Glad you enjoyed your photo shoot, even though it exhausted you.

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Slosh
    Options
    Thank you. I think it will be something to impress my granddaughter with once she gets older.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Please may I have your autograph :lol:

Seriously, I'm so glad the shoot went well. I know nothing about fashion (as one look will tell) but it does sound as if you looked lovely and also did quite a lot for disabled people while doing so.

Physio? Ah yes. If it aint hurting it aint working. I'm sure it'll help, Slosh, and I'm also sure you'll be sensible enough to take it at the right pace.

And now I suggest :animal_busy:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, the theme of the shoot was clothes that made us feel good for this magazine aimed at the over 40's.
    I am good now at knowing when I need to rest, and I also find my diary cum planner helps a lot, not just in terms of spacing things out but also to look back over if I'm feeling rough.
    You're quite right about the physio too, no pain - no gain!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Slosh wrote:
    I am good now at knowing when I need to rest

Me too and sometimes a very short - ten minutes or so - is quite sufficient.

We had friends staying for a few days until yesterday morning and I was wiped out for most of the time. I find doing things at my own pace is fine. Doing things because they must be done NOW regardless of how I feel is a whole different ballgame. I reckon I achieved far more yesterday and today simply because I didn't have to...if you get my drift :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    I do, I now understand what my Mum meant by pottering about.
    Julian of Norwich