HOME

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 17. Mar 2018, 11:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone
Thanks for your messages. I got home Mon evening
6 weeks in hospital and a lot of that I was in bed so am fairly weak still
I don't remember some of the 6 weeks???? anyway I'm home, cant go far in this weather but have managed to hit the Metro for a short time.............Are you surprised :lol:
So bit by bit I'll get my strength back

Love
Hileena

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Brilliant to see you are back posting on here again. m0150 You have been on a bit of a roller-coaster, to say the least, these past few weeks - probably best that you do not remember some of it. ;) I have been really worried about you.

I see you still have your sense of humour which is great. Where would we be without that? ;) Thinking of you and take each day as it arrives and get well slowly but surely. Plod on ...... like we do! ;)

Speak soon,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I heard reports that the Metro Centre was on the brink of bankruptcy - I thank whoever that you're back to save their bacon. :D Maplin and Toys R Us haven't made it though . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    wonderful news, all of us in the mod team are delighted you are home safely. Keep warm and we are sending gentle hugs
    Best Wishes
    Sharon t69044
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm very pleased you're home and I'm sure your family are very relieved too.

Please take time to recover and, especially if you have our blizzards, don't even think about the Metro Centre until more normal weather and temperatures have returned. It will still be there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!!!! Welcome home. Take good care of yourself and stay warm.
    Deb xxx t69044 m0150 m0150
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Eileen I bet the coffee houses in the metro have missed you, I did say there would be no holding you down...its so good to see you posting again :) ..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Well a week since I got out of hospital [last Mon evening]
    I still feel yuk......I'm used to muscular pains and goodness knows how many replacements but not this.
    Scary not being able to remember most of the 6 weeks
    I was on a low dose of morphine before going in but hurt ribs and they upped it. Thats what did it I'm not on any morph now but sore. Cant be helped
    As for the metro centre. Its been a life saver in this weather
    All I've done is.......Peter drive me there, we go for coffee, the most I walk is car park to nearest coffee shop
    Coffee watch the world go by then back to car park....all indoors
    At least it keeps my sanity

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Well done on getting off the morphine :D i think you were on it in some form or other before going in to hospital so that's great if you've now got off it.

Re Metro Centre - I guess we autoimmuners never quite stop thinking about how to avoid colds, bugs etc. :roll: Shopping malls must come a close third to hospitals and health centres(!) for places to pick up infections. You don't want another chest infection, do you? Luckily, I suspect the blast from Siberia has killed off a lot of the nasty stuff now and if, as here, the snow is slowly (I couldn't even reach the car on Sunday) shifting, it will be nice for you to get out of the house.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    So pleased to hear you are home, now take the time you need to fully recover.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hileena,

This is wonderful news to hear you are now at home. I bet you were delighted to be able to sleep in your own bed again! Just pace yourself and don't overdo it.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    So glad your home honey and well done for getting off the morphine quick!! Good on you for getting out and about so quick! t4591
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well I'm home but feel like death warmed up :(
    I cant sleep at night because of the pain. Down my left leg, that knee is going to have to be replaced soon but I've had enough of hospitals for the minute
    You know what your like when you don't sleep?? :cry:
    I'm still on the meds I was on before hospital minus the morphine
    Basically paracetamol and naproxen They don't seem to touch the pain and I saw GP when I came out off hospital and my next app
    is 3 weeks away :(

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Welcome HOME!!!!

Hileena this is such good news. I am very reassured by the visits to the metro for you coffees :D

Probably your knee does need sorting, but you need to rest up and get stronger yet.

Horrible not having enough sleep isn't it?

Sending you some ((())) and love from us lot here :D

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni
    How are you and the rest of the family?
    It is awful not getting enough sleep........I'm waiting for Peter to come home [wont be long] his night out.......then straight up to bed
    My left leg in particular keeps giving way and I'd rather not go up and down stairs with no one else in the house

Thanks for your love and hugs.....Say hi to Lucy for me......I'm way behind with things...... 6 weeks in hospital does throw you

Love
    Eileen
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    It will throw you 6 weeks is such a long time!

Lucy is ok although she had a seizure on Saturday and still has a sore tongue and bump on her head. She's doing well :)

I can totally understand you fear about stairs and your leg giving way. You'll either have to wait for Peter or try backwards on your rear end :wink:

I hope your family are all well too ((()))

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Toni
    Sorry about Lucy.
    Many years ago when I broke my ankle I spent weeks going up and down stairs on my bum :lol:
    I'd forgotten about that

Love
    Eileen