Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Question about atypical RA symptoms

jen777jen777 Posts: 4
edited 4. Mar 2018, 15:23 in Young people's community
Hi guys,
I'm trying to get a diagnosis. For the past month I've had joint pain that started with my fingers, developed symmetrically, and spread to my feet, shoulders, hips, etc. I also have eye dryness.

However, I don't have swelling, redness or stiffness. My tests are also negative. Therefore my rheumatologist didn't diagnose me with Rheumatoid Arthritis. But I think he might be wrong, and I know how important it is to start treating RA as early as possible.

So my question is - has anyone here experienced similar symptoms - pain but no swelling/stiffness - which eventually developed into full-blown RA?

Thank you!