Wockhardt CoCodamol 30/500mg

Options
Landgull36uk
Landgull36uk Member Posts: 68
edited 8. Mar 2018, 04:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all.

Its been a while since ive last posted on this forum hope everyone is ok and are getting by ok. I'm wondering whether anyone have been taking any of these tablets (Wockhardt CoCodamol 30/500mg) in the past, the reason why i am asking is because ive had to find another brand of cocodamol because this brand has been making me ill. I found once i have taken them that they upset my stomach, made me feel sick and left a chemical type feeling at the back of my throat and also when i pass water when i go to the toilet. Theyve also been giving me diarrhea aswell as constipation, ive taken other cocodamol brands in the past but they never effected me as much as these did. I'm just wondering whether anyone else have gone through a similar experience with them.

Got some good news i found out today that the hospital have my results from my xrays and blood test just waiting to hear what the results are now, hopefully will be next week :)

Stay safe and be well.
Just keep swimming ;)

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've had them for a long while, not sure which brand but other than the usual problems, nothing like you've experienced, I have been taking something to protect my stomach though. I moved over to Tramadol yesterday, we'll see how I get on with them.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    When you write that you've 'had to find another brand' of cocodamol, do you mean the GP has specified a different one?

I had a problem when generic prescribing first came in and my voltarol was changed to the generic diclofenac. The GP decided it must be something in the coating of the pill as the basic ingredients were the same. He just prescribed voltarol itself and things returned to normal.

Can the pharmacist solve the problem?

Good luck with the results.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My GPs provide two kinds of cocos (I couldn't tell you who makes them because I've never looked) and I guess I get whichever is more economic at the time of issue. Both cause constipation but no other problems. Mr DD on the other hand, was recently given a different brand of omeprazole which is causing him all kinds of trouble. His reasoning is that it can't be the new omep because it's never given trouble before ( the innocence of the healthy never ceases to astound me) whereas I am aware that different manufacturers use varying amounts and combinations of whatever in making what is, purportedly, the same med so they could well be to blame.

If these are not suiting then ask for a change. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Landgull36uk
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    I've had them for a long while, not sure which brand but other than the usual problems, nothing like you've experienced, I have been taking something to protect my stomach though. I moved over to Tramadol yesterday, we'll see how I get on with them.

Im on omeprazole myself but they still effected me im just pleased to be off them. Thankfully after about 2 to 3 days of horrible pain being with out my pain pills i finaly managed to get some different ones which are working perfectly. Feeling alot more like my normal self again now im pain free.

Goodluck with your tramadol let me know how they go, ive heard that some of them can be a bit stronger than full strength co-codamol that im taking :?
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Landgull36uk
    Options
    When you write that you've 'had to find another brand' of cocodamol, do you mean the GP has specified a different one?

I had a problem when generic prescribing first came in and my voltarol was changed to the generic diclofenac. The GP decided it must be something in the coating of the pill as the basic ingredients were the same. He just prescribed voltarol itself and things returned to normal.

Can the pharmacist solve the problem?

Good luck with the results.

Thankfully the GP doesn't recommened any kind of brand of cocodamol it was just the pharmacy themselves that only stocked that one particular brand unfortunately. Now though i have another brand from another pharmacy supplier, i asked the doctor to write me out another prescription and they said just hand it to the pharmacy an they will give another brand. Ive got another brand and there working fine, feeling much better.
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Landgull36uk
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    My GPs provide two kinds of cocos (I couldn't tell you who makes them because I've never looked) and I guess I get whichever is more economic at the time of issue. Both cause constipation but no other problems. Mr DD on the other hand, was recently given a different brand of omeprazole which is causing him all kinds of trouble. His reasoning is that it can't be the new omep because it's never given trouble before ( the innocence of the healthy never ceases to astound me) whereas I am aware that different manufacturers use varying amounts and combinations of whatever in making what is, purportedly, the same med so they could well be to blame.

If these are not suiting then ask for a change. DD

Yes my doctor that ive seen knearly 2 months ago now said that different companies even use slightly different ingredients in the making of the tablets aswell as the obviouse ones codiene and paracetamol but yes i suppose the amounts apply aswell.
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • Landgull36uk
    Options
    One thing i am a little concerned about is how much damage these full strength cocodamol can do to the liver. I understand that the paracetamol can effect the liver but also the codiene gets processed through the liver aswell. Im just a bit concerned because ive been taking these strong cocodamols for some time now. I'll probrably ask my rheumy about that or my GP :|
    Just keep swimming ;)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I realise I am one of the lucky ones when it comes to meds, I've been taking 30/500 cocos for years but never at more than the recommended level and usually less. The only bother they cause me is constipation but that is easily sorted. One of the highly-disguised benefits of being on the immuno-suppressants is that we have regular blood tests highlights any issues with the liver and kidneys. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben