Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Osteoarthritis natural remedy recommendations required please

MarticulousMarticulous Posts: 6
edited 20. Mar 2018, 15:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. Has anyone used any healthcare supplements that have helped with Osteoarthritis pain relief? I would much appreciate any replies.

Good health to you 🤞

Comments

• stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,871
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think the only thing of any proven help is capsaicin but some people will vouch for various pills and potions. Just check with a pharmacist before taking anything that it won't clash with any prescribed meds.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭
    Yes, back in my earlier days and found them useful for improving the wealth of the manufacturers. Capsaicin cream is proven useful but I have not tried it as my joint damage is extensive. I think those who swear by their copper bracelets, insoles, magnets et al don't have OA, they just like to think they do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • moderatormoderator Posts: 4,095 mod
    Marticulous

I don't know if this might be worth a read?

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/treatments-aids-and-equipment/complimentary-therapies

Best wishes

Ellen