I am a Foldy.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Mar 2018, 12:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Isn't that a lovely term? I came across it in an Icelandic thriller (read in the original of course :wink: ) and it's gym-personal-trainer slang for a 'fat oldy' - well it is in Iceland so I presume it is over here: I shall ask my trainer next time I see her.

I shall soon be a toothless foldy too, I need a number of extractions thanks to advanced gum disease: honestly, when you need something to hurt to let you know things aren't right it doesn't . . . . DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well, I've heard it all now! Personally I wouldn't dream to even think of using such an expression to describe you DD.

I hope the extractions are as painless as possible, and your mouth heals quickly.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I thought you had taken up gymnastics, or failing that yoga.
    Hope the teeth extractions go well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you both, I rather liked the irony of 'foldy' as fold is something I cannot do :lol:

The extractions are not due yet, there is much to be done beforehand plus they are not hurting . . . . . I had my first session with the hygienist today, unpleasant and foul on the joints but hey-ho, what isn't? I came home with four sizes of interdental brushes, so what with them and the brushing I think my tooth cleaning routine will now take up much of the day. :wink: I have two further sessions with her to go: I celebrated the end of the first by eating a rather large bar of whole nut chocolate. A girl needs some consolation. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben