Newbie PsA

Options
Cazmerelda
Cazmerelda Member Posts: 2
edited 26. Mar 2018, 04:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis just before Christmas and now taking sulfasalazine which is helping a lot with the pain which is a huge relief! Looking forward to chatting to you all 😊

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good morning

Welcome to the forums. I am one of the moderators and we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hangers on" or look after family with the same.

I am sure you will find support, advice, light relief and friendship here. There are other forum members who also have Psoriatic arthritis who will be able to offer you support and answer any questions you may have.

Arthritis Care has a freephone helpline 0808 800 4050 if you would like to talk to someone about your problem.

Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I have a friend with PsA who has had remarkable success with sulph for some considerable time, it must be over fifteen years now. I too have it and had no success with just the one med which just goes to show what a lottery this nuisance can be. He doesn't understand how bad mine is and I don't understand what an easy time he's had of it :wink: I will soon be starting my twenty-second year so I know what's what, having a history of auto-immune troubles hindsight has taught me that it shouldn't have been a surprise when it began but it was. :lol: I am positive that the quicker the diagnosis and the faster one begins the meds the better the outcome will be. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben