new job offer, advice please?

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I have been offered a new job. I have been in my current role for 14 years and have had 2 access to work assessments in this time to acquire aids and equipment.
I am currently completing the Occ Health questionnaire and it of course asks about joint problems, medications, and about moving and handling. I have been very honest with my replies and know that they will no doubt sent me for a medical as a result of my answers. I am a bit worried that they will be concerned about physical abilities. Any advice?
NB

Comments

• lozza812
    lozza812 Member Posts: 25
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello,
    Congratulations on your new job!
    There are a few things to consider here, firstly, if the company are not aware of your condition and restrictions they have no duty of care under the Equality Act to support you.
    Once they know, they have that duty, and can put the right support in place for you.
    Not sure if you know but, if you apply for Acess to Work in the first 6 weeks of starting a new job all your adaptions are free! Not only to you, but also your employer! I normally find that this makes employers very happy and worry less about supporting you.
    What is even better is that anything you are provided with is yours to keep and does not have to be left if you leave.
    I do understand your reluctance, but it sounds like a fairly big company if they have OH, so they will probably quite used to it.
    I hope you have a great time!