New to the forum - not to arthritis

Options
mikesel
mikesel Member Posts: 2
edited 27. Mar 2018, 12:15 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in 2001 and have had a Birmingham hip resurfacing of my right hip. I'm on the waiting list for a full replacement of my left hip. My surgeon is waiting for the go ahead to restart operations after the Christmas freeze.

I've got some arthritis in my hands, feet and neck as well, so I should have something in common with almost everyone with osteoarthritis.

I'm looking forward to reading useful information and maybe passing on my experience of the condition, surgery etc.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello mikesel and welcome to the forums from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear about your Osteoarthritis. I hope the imminent Hip Surgery goes well and you don’t have to wait too long for it.

We have a great community here, with lots of experience of arthritis who I know will make you very welcome and help you in any way they can it’s great to hear you are happy to do likewise and share your own experience.

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have both an auto-immune arthritis which in turn led to osteo so I am doubly blessed :wink: I was refused new knees when I was 52 on the grounds of extreme youth and being somewhat large, I am now 59 and a little smaller but not bothered about having them done.

We have quite a few 'hippies' on here, most people tend to look in on the Living with Arthritis board so if you repost someone else with more relevant experience might reply. I hope you find the forum to be of interest and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben