Still getting no where

Options
Sarahb181279
Sarahb181279 Member Posts: 18
edited 6. Apr 2018, 07:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
So went for my appointment with rheumatologist today he said there no inflammation markers in my back and not showing on X-ray of my knees but examined me again and was not happy with my knees they creaking worse than my old door so now it’s i have to go for mri for my knees and because my hands hurting ultrasound on them. I feel like I am getting no where he said I have definitely got fibromyalgia hence the rls and the chronic pain tiredness and everything but he’s still worried I have some form of arthritis. So more tests now he’s referred me to pain clinic physio said he won’t treat me for fibromyalgia until the other tests get done so he said it will be 4 months before I see him again. My psoriasis is so bad and he’s still not ruling out I may have psa I feel like I am fighting losing battle I was crying to him cause I so wanted to just know what’s going on and now it’s a waiting game again. He’s thinking maybe osteoarthritis in my knees and hands but won’t say till these more tests I don’t even know what pain clinic is and I just want to bang my head against the wall with the constant agony. Sorry for my rant I haven’t been on lately cause I been so unwell and so has my youngest so not had time [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Uncertainty is always hard to deal with. Uncertainty plus pain much more so. Your rheumatologist is being thorough, which is good, but the system is, unfortunately, slow. I hope the pain clinic can help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I was born with auto-immune troubles (courtesy of both parents who were too lazy to have them themselves :wink: ) so developing arthritis was no great surprise (but an unpleasant one nonetheless). With the psoriasis you are a very likely candidate for PsA but who knows? With around 300 inflammatory auto-immune conditions it is very much a matter of ruling stuff out before it's ruled in. PsA is a sero-negative form of auto-immune arthritis and, unlike you, I did it the other way round. I began with the arthritis back in 1997, finally getting to rheumatology in 2002 who initially didn't think I was their pigeon despite my having inflammatory markers in the low 120s; they eventually changed their minds and started the meds. It was my developing psoriasis in 2006 that helped the medical penny drop but it changed nothing. Labels have never affected how and what I feel about my conditions.

I went on to develop OA and fibro but I do not have any treatment for the latter. The meds for the PsA do not improve the OA and why would they? My life has always been limited thanks to my health, I realised aged eight it always would be but it's far easier than it was thanks to the medication. When I was young there were no steroid creams for the eczema, no inhalers for the asthma. I am fortunate that dealing with all of that prepared me for dealing with all of this. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben