Bed is a Dangerous Place.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 16. Apr 2018, 14:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am sure there must be some statistics somewhere about how many people are killed in bed every year due to very strange events (e.g. crushed by a falling dragon). Due to the general crud of life being amplified by my not taking the PsA meds, sleep - or what laughingly passes for it - has been in very short supply. Last night I rudely interrupted my shallow slumbers by moving awkwardly and doing something to both knees. As you all know, I am not a great one for introspection and I won't be bothering the docs but oh boy do I know I've done something. :D I was additionally peeved as the dream I was having had reached an interesting point. No, not that sort of dream (tut-tut), one of our friends was in our drive cutting branches off our variegated holly bush and I was going out of the door to ask him why. That's when my knees woke me up by screaming, yelling and generally being petulant (which they still are). Come to think of it, arthritis is petulant, isn't it?

Both knees are hot but only on the inner side of the joints. Weird.
Both are puffed up in the same area - not weird, that's inflammation so I guess I twisted something - but in both? Consummate skill, Daisy. I have applied Voltarol, taken a slow-release trammy, and am distracting myself by boring you all rigid. Such fun!

The trouble is we are going away for a few days tomorrow. I will be resting things as much as I can today, the trip isn't jeopardised but it will be different to what I had planned viz. shopping, shopping and more shopping. Now it will only be shopping. :( DD

PS The friend who was cutting the holly will be joining us on Tuesday evening, I must ask him what he was up to . . . . .
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD, I do hope whatever you have managed to do to your knees settles down soon so you can get a bit more shopping done! Enjoy your break.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, Slosh, I fully intend to. :lol: I have reasoned things out in a way that makes sense to me: every now and again my OA is prone to worsen and I think that is what has happened here. It's similar to Homer Simpson bouncing down a cliff but much slower: I tumbled off the top and hit a ledge, had a rest whilst getting used to that stage then rolled of that one to the next, had a rest, etc. etc. etc. The only way isn't Essex, is it? Downwards is a familiar trajectory. :wink:

We are not going for long but my inability to decide what to pack reflects my current levels of everything: dithery, no concentration, unable to make a decision. Oy veh. :roll: DD

PS How's things with you? I miss seeing your name here and there but hopefully that's for good reasons such as hobnobbing with Dragons.
  • Maturecheese
    Maturecheese Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I admire your grit. I suppose it's true what they say about women being the stronger sex. Hope you improve soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I managed Cambridge. It wasn't easy, it was hard physical work, it was extraordinarily painful but I did it and that's what counts. The intellectual highlight was the exhibition of samplers at the Fitzwilliam Museum, simply stunning work; the shopping one buying a chunk of Waterford Crystal in memory of my Mum (she loved crystal glass and often referred to her Waterford dishes as her best 'Watford') on the fifth anniversary of her death.

I think we are emotionally the stronger sex, MC, but that is a sweeping generalisation. Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated, but don't forget I have had considerably longer than you to adjust to this malarkey help which helps. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD, I was sorry to learn that life has thrown you a bit of a curve ball again. But you being you, you did your usual. You accepted it with good grace and just got on with things making the best of it! And enjoyed yourself as well. As usual, a true inspiration to us.

And I have to agree that women are the stronger sex.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!