Here's to 30 :)

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 16. May 2018, 03:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today I’m 30. I joined here some months after my 21st; confused and unwell. I’ve changed in many ways and I’m grateful that my AC forum friends have been with me every step of the way. There have been many ups and downs and last year has been particularly challenging but things are certainly looking up. For that, I am immensely grateful. I have spoiled by my friends and family. I feel incredibly lucky to be surrounded by love and happiness. Thank you AC and thank you my forum friends. Wishing you a peaceful and lovely bank holiday. xx p.s. I’m proper grown up now! :lol:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy birthday, Starburst n035.gif

Lots of good wishes from the mods.
    Brynmor
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes, Sophie t69044

You are, most definitely, grown up. You've already faced more challenges in life than the average pensioner, faced them squarely - with no self-pity - and used them to grow wiser.

I'm sure many more, present and past, forum members are as grateful as I am for your presence on here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Never, ever, allow yourself to become a proper grown-up because in my experience they are frightfully dull people.

Health-wise you have had to pack more into your thirty years than is fair or reasonable but you have always faced each new challenge with determination, guts and spirit. Here's to the next thirty years, yes? :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Happy birthday t69044
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • rosemaryandtime
    rosemaryandtime Member Posts: 6
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Never, ever, allow yourself to become a proper grown-up because in my experience they are frightfully dull people.

Health-wise you have had to pack more into your thirty years than is fair or reasonable but you have always faced each new challenge with determination, guts and spirit. Here's to the next thirty years, yes? :D DD

This message made me cry. I am just 27, so it means so much to me that there are such caring people on this forum who understand what I'm going through