Healthcare at Home

Options
jennand
jennand Member Posts: 131
edited 18. May 2018, 09:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got my first delivery of Enbrel next Tuesday ( got to wait in ALL day!) and the Nurse is coming on Thursday. Any tips on what to ask? There will obviously be lots of information in the literature but I’m thinking there might be some things that are not covered there that would be useful to know.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So, your earlier question about this has been answered, hurrah! :D You may not have to wait all day - with my deliveries HaH give a two hour time slot on the day of delivery, try looking yours up on their website (the instructions are clear). As for questions they could include rotating injection sites, where it's best to store the medication and sharps, and ensure you fully understand the technique before they leave. Offering a cuppa often goes down well! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jennand
    Options
    Well, not a good start for my first delivery. I got a text last Friday to inform me that the injections would be delivered between 10.50 - 14.50, so I took it at face value and arranged to have my hair cut at 4.30. I’ve just had another text ( at 9.30pm) to say delivery is between 16.00-18.00. I’m so annoyed because I cancelled a regular lesson that I have at 1.30 because of the first text. Is this what I can expect each delivery date?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've absolutely no idea but one would hope not. It cannot be easy for them to estimate delivery times, I don't know how many others are on the schedule or how lengthy the routes are and surely one has to build in factors such as road delays, staff shortage, vehicle breakdowns etc. I never make any plans on delivery day because I recall when one had to stay in between 8am and 6pm because that was the time slot. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jennand
    Options
    Ok, had my first injection ( Erelzi, not Enbrel)Itwas a breeze and the Nurse was lovely. She’s coming back to supervise my 2nd one next week. She answered all my questions and suggested that I communicate with the deliverers if there are any further discrepancies with de,iveries. So alls good in my world at present.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    :D:D:D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright