Incompatible?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
edited 18. May 2018, 10:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
This morning, as usual, I got up first, showered, dressed and went through to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast - two slices of toast, a large mug of tea and some grapes to eat while the rest is 'cooking'.

I'm just starting to eat when Mr SW rolls up and starts to get his own - same except no grapes and coffee, not tea.

As I'm about 3/4 way through my first slice of toast he's popping the last morsel of his into his mouth, swilling it down with coffee and moving off.

I know I'm a slow eater but his food barely touches his mouth. And, what's annoying, I'm the one with the dodgy stomach :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The conclusion I draw is that hot toast tastes better! Or was that cold grapes slow you down........?

😂😂😂😂
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mr DD was similar - a sticky bun would disappear in four huge bites with maybe six chews per bite. He'd be happily burping up all the extra air swallowed with his dinner whilst I was only half-way-through mine. He is improving though, after some gastric troubles he is finally eating more slowly, taking smaller bites, not gulping in as much air, and occasionally I finish before him. His Gaviscon bottle is gathering dust . . . . .

I don't think it's a gender thing, his mum was just the same: one memorable Christmas lunch she had almost finished hers by the time her son had started his! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben