Methotrexate

Options
klynn
klynn Member Posts: 27
edited 6. Jun 2018, 11:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone :)
Me again.
I have started with the Methotrexate 2.5 , tablets,four a day split dose.Once a weak.
And Folic 5mg once a weak.

First time fine,this time..not so good.
Headache,like migraine.

But its the pressure feeling again,in my head and ears,slight sorethroat, ,i just dont feel so good on the meds.
I'm sorry,i cant think straight. :cry:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again :D Am I right in thinking you had something similar when on leflunomide? What did the doc say about it then?

Splitting the dose of methotrexate is a way of minimising side-effects. That's what folic acid is for too. The dosage of folic acid varies enormously. Increasing yours might help but don't do it unless your rheumatology team are OK with it. Can you contact them tomorrow for advice?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    One dose of FA may not be enough but that is something to talk over with your rheumatology nurse / doctor. It can be taken up to six days per week but never on the day you take the method, of course with you having a small, split dose this could mean things a little more complicated.

All kinds of things cause headaches, dehydration, high humidity, lack of food: it is so easy to blame everything else that happens on medication but ordinary life events grumble on despite the arthritis. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • klynn
    klynn Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi thanks
    i do see your point but it just seems this weird pressure thing seems to go through the roof when ive taken these meds.
    The headache was pretty bad..lasted afew days.
    Food wise ..i eat enough for me...i drink plenty of fluids...water and tea.

The rheumatologist changed my meds.