Depomedrone

Options
klynn
klynn Member Posts: 27
edited 12. Jun 2018, 12:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
:oops:
Hi again... I was just wondering can Depomedrone help with OA type
pain and symptoms..like heaviness in the legs, muscle, and joint stiffness?
:?:
Thanks
klynn

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Depomedrone injections are given into joints for OA but I'm not sure what you mean by 'OA type pain and symptoms'. Either someone has OA or they don't. As I remember, you have an autoimmune form of arthritis not OA. Unfortunately the two are not mutually exclusive but you'd need a doc to sort out whether or not the injections would benefit you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    They never helped my PsA but one injected into my right ankle gave three months' reprieve from the OA in there. I don't bother with them now because they don't always work, they affect the whole body and the dross always returns. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • klynn
    Options
    Thanks stickywicket and dreamdaisy for answering my questions:)
    I have been told by rheumatologist that the pain/stiffness and heaviness i have had is OA,recently.
    Thats why i was wondering about the dep injection,i had mine intramuscular..to help with the RA.just seems like i have more questions,trying to put together symptoms ive had for years,esp the heaviness/stiffness in muscles/joints.Its not like it :o me,like i said been struggling with it for years.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My OA was diagnosed by a GP, my rheumatologist ignores it and the GP ignores my PsA which is it should be: I don't expect a car mechanic to check my teeth or my dentist to service my car. DD
  • klynn
    Options
    My GP seems focused on my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, most have....the good ones looked further. But I will accept, based on my history of symptoms, and examination, a diagnosis of OA from my Rheumatologist.
    I am just so happy to be able to separate one condition from another, CFS/ME, OA, RA and Depression, anxiety/panic attacks, Vertigo and Tinnitus..after 30 years with no answers, but a lot of pain and struggles and disability from both the physical and fatigue side,.. it just feels good to be able to piece things together. :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Crikey! Do you suffer from all those things/ No wonder it's hard to work out what meds are best for you. Definitely one for the docs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • klynn
    Options
    Yea CFS has been blamed for my muscle pain, stiffness, and balance problems, so I'm just happy to have that blown out of the water.

My CFS has been pretty good for a few months..so maybe now they have brought in RA and I get treatment for that, the CFS will take a back seat and I will be cured of it...hopefully..then I can drop the label. Which will be greeeeeeeat after all these years.

Now I have to deal with the exercise part ..for arthritis...did 26mins of exercise 3 days ago...today I can walk again...hip pain, shoulder pain, cervical spine ..so felt a bit rough.

CFS may be on its way out but the arthritis isn't: x

As for my balance...a big improvement...must be the steroids that have helped. :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    There's a school of thought that CFS is on the auto-immune spectrum which makes sense to me (who isn't a doc). DD