Tiredness and fatigue

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello poppydog, how are things now? I know it's only a few days since your post but I hope that you have been able to rest over the weekend and that you are feeling at least a little better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Katie21
    Katie21 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I do one household chore then take a break. I get that tired (bad sleeper) that I have been known to nod off after breakfast... :mrgreen:

I see the rhumatologist on Tuesday after doc saying my ESR is way up. Maybe they should have called me in much earlier, currently 10 months. Lost two stone but feel ok and eating normal meals so not sure why the weight loss.

I am on Methotrexate three on two days, then Folic Acid for two days from Wednesday and Thursday.

Life changes: lost my sister very suddenly three years ago this month, still cry from time to time, still can’t believe she is gone.
    Moved house a year ago.
    I have to have a ct- scan on Thursday, it shows by normal X-ray something up with the lungs. I get annoyed because this could have been picked up months ago.
    Thanks
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You have had a lot of upheaval, Katie, and that is always unsettling. Two stones are a lot to lose unintentionally but whether or not this is connected with your high ESR levels is not something we could guess at. Are your docs aware of the weight loss? A high ESR, in itself, doesn't always call for immediate action if your other blood results were OK.

Methotrexate can, occasionally, cause lung problems so it's good that you'll be having a CT scan on Thursday. Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Katie21
    Options
    Scared of the scan but it was fine,
    radiographer extremely kind, made my pillow high due to possibly becoming disorientated.

Obviously they tell you nothing. Now to wait for the doc to study the result.

I saw the rhumatologist nurse day before and will see main man at the next visit he took me off methotrexate for now...again till HE sees the scan result.

Yes doc can see the weight loss which was another reason for the scan.

Blood test Wednesday will hopefully show a reduced ESR.

I will get back to you guys when I know more.
    Thanks!!
  • Katie21
    Options
    If your having three meals a day. Breakfast two wheetabix, lunch a sandwich, main meal at dinner and supper. I don’t get the weight loss to be honest.

I drink very little apart from three cups of tea.