This morning I have been mostly . . . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Jun 2018, 08:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
. . . . walking to St. Michael's Mount and back. :D DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow, all that hard work on your fitness has certainly paid off, enjoy the views! And maybe a well earned glass of something nice to celebrate your achievement :wink: .

This morning I have been mostly washing the mountain of laundry having got home from a 2 week cruise at the weekend! At least the sun is shining on the groaning washing line.

Deb xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    . . . . walking to St. Michael's Mount and back. :D DD

:shock: :shock: :shock: From East Anglia???? Deep respect. Or, were you just faking arthritis all along :lol:

Very well done, indeed. And now, may I suggest a spot of :animal_busy:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Wow! DD you never cease to amaze me.
    You really are an inspiration.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you dibdab, I think my day was possibly a better one in terms of fun but I now have a wash going because needs just!

Ah Sticky, I wish I could claim a Will Kemp but no: we are on our hols and staying directly opposite the Mount. It is true to say, however, that this time last year when we were here the thought I could do such a thing never crossed my mind.

Slosh, you are far too kind. I don't see myself as inspiring, it's taken a deal of hard work and determination to reach this stage but, when one is ready to do so, bulls are there to be taken by the horns. I grappled with this bull and won - whether I will feel so positive about it tomorrow remains to be seen! I hope to do it again before we leave but if not, no matter.

I picked up a small stone from the Mount and plan to have it replicated in silver to wear as a pendant, a pretty reminder of today's achievement. I sent a short film of my walking to my PT and she is very pleased: so she should be. :wink: DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    DD, it doesn't matter whether you see yourself as inspiring, we think you are and we're right! So swallow your embarrassment at being complimented, and continue being inspiring - it's good for you and us.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    And today DD starts out from Lands End, making her wobbly way to John O'Groats. And back.

I imagine you're still smiling from yesterday's achievement. I know I am. Brilliant stuff :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    And this week, DD will be gently strolling through Kent - my area of the UK. (DD - you are always welcome for a coffee!). :)

Well done though on the physical activities front DD. And I agree with the others - you are an inspiration.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've spent the weekend paying for my hubris. :lol: I was planning another trek to the Mount but have decided that once is definitely enough as the long drive home is beckoning . . . . I prefer to do the bulk of the driving as the passenger seat of my car is far from comfortable, especially with 'Stirling Mr DD Moss' behind the wheel. :wink:

Today we went to Penzance and, boy, that was hilly:. the rollator was essential due to crowds and uneven paving. No shame in that, safety is paramount, yes? Mine that is, not that of those around me. :wink: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've been awake since three am. Ye gods. :roll: In supermarket terms this is now M &S quality payback, it began as Aldi, increased to Asda, then Tesco, then Sainsbriz followed by Waitrose. Wot next? Harrods? :lol: DD
  • daffy2
    Options
    You've got a few to go yet DD - Selfridges, Harvey Nics and Fortnum and Mason.....
    Hope it doesn't get to that though - the higher up the chain the worse the access one suspects - after all that's what staff are for isn't it?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I wondered about those, lacking experience of shopping in them I can't rank them! I have added to / increased the payback by doing more unaided nonsense. DD

😊
  • daffy2
    Options
    I wondered about those, lacking experience of shopping in them I can't rank them!
    Same here but on occasion I'm happy to cast nasturtiums from a position of happy ignorance.