Up and down

Options
jennand
jennand Member Posts: 131
edited 13. Jun 2018, 12:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
I’ve just had the 4th Erelzi inj and I’m feeling OK. No flare ups but as I’m sure it’s too early to be beneficial, this is more than likely to be weather related. I love a good dose of sunshine. However, last week I went to Disneyland and Oh my, had to take DHyC for the first time in ages. My own fault of course, I still think I’m 25 instead of 65. By the end of the 3rd day, I had to retire gracefully to my bedchamber ( which was very comfortable) with a good book and prop my achy feet & legs up. I took it easier from then on. Now I’m back, I’m feeling good again. Blood tests must be OK as I’m expecting my 2nd delivery tomorrow. So, onwards and upwards ( I wish it was warm & sunny every day)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds very positive - well, apart from the inevitable payback :roll: I'm pleased for you and hope it continues :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Learning to live with arthritis is an up and down thing, the downs inevitably replace the ups but you get used to it. I recently walked unaided to St MIchaels Mount (a big deal for me if no-one else) and the payback rumbles on. I don't care, I achieved and that is all that matters. My usual bed time is 7.30pm and I care not about that, either: if others were living as I do they would be in bed too. I can no longer do what I did thirty or forty years ago, it's not only arthritis at fault though, the ageing process has a part to play. There is nothing more dull than someone blethering on about how they cannot do what they used to - somehow they think they are alone in that! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello jennand
    What a lovely post.. :D you are not letting it beat you, but know when to rest..I can just imagine you on the rides...we went quite a few years ago now before Arthritis struck..and would love to go back..you carry on thinking 25... :D and I hope the meds carry on helping you...
    Love
    Barbara
  • jennand
    jennand Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Thank you Barbara, we are all kids at heart aren’t we?