This morning I have been mostly . . . . . part 2

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Jun 2018, 16:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Mountaineering. :wink: There is a sizeable lump of geology in the bay called Chapel Rock. It has many deep and high steps going up, down, over and around and today I managed to go up, down, over and around using the steps. The tide was fully out so the walk there was not too bad, we went the long way round, crossing the sand to avoid seaweed-covered rocks which, although would have been much quicker it could have proved to be much slower if I'd fallen and broken something.

I woke up at 5am, made some tea and sat in bed, looking at the Mount and Chapel Rock. It was surprisingly busy out there, I wondered if people were celebrating the longest day which set me wondering about climbing the rock. By 6.45 the beach and rock was deserted so I decided to go for it, fully aware that the rest of the day was probably going to be necessarily quiet. If you don't set yourself a challenge then you don't know if you can make it, do you? Walking to the Mount and then scaling Chapel Rock will give me the momentum and encouragement to keep up this physical work when I return home, I was slipping in my endeavours and must get back on track! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well it's certainly a challenge that would be a bit more difficult to undertake in Suffolk...I hope your endeavours are(were?) successful.
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Options
    How lovely to have that view from your bedroom!

It sounded like a lovely walk too.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you both for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

Daffy, we do have things in Suffolk which we laughingly call hills but are obviously mere pimples in the greater geographic scheme of things. The main thing is that I did it, I replicated my triumphant pose first struck the the Mount end of the causeway and Mr DD have stated that they are two of his favourite moments of our holiday. Awwwwww. :oops:

Hello Betty Mac, yes indeed we have a lovely view of St Michael's Mount from the rented house but I am pleased that we are going home on Saturday. I am increasingly missing our home and the creature comforts which make my physical life easier, viz. the lack of stairs and high toilet seats! My Spouse, who is 5' 4" , has remarked on how low they are: I am 5'9". :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I thought MrDD was taller than you - did you leave him out in the rain or have those pesky Cornish piskies been at him?