Hip revisions

Donna
Donna Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Jun 2018, 05:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hello I am a new member. I wld like to know if anyone experiences problems such as mine,after a hip revision...... If I sit upright for any longer tban 2 hours I experience a great deal of pain from the hip the following day. It takes between 3 - 6 days to ease off.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry your hip revision hasn't worked as well as you hoped, it's never good to be in pain as you describe. I haven't personal experience of hip operations, I'm just 6 months in to a knee replacement and I still have to be careful to keep up with my exercises and such.

Here's what Arthritis Care has to say about hip replacement and revision

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/assets/000/001/849/Hip_surgery_2017_Update_original.pdf?1509540298

How long ago was your operation? Are you still seeing physio regularly? Perhaps they can help with your problems. We have a number of members who have had revisions who will be able to offer insights if you give them a little more information.

Keep posting here, we can give lots of understanding and encouragement to get you through this 'blip' on your road to recovery.

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello from me too.

I've not had a hip revision but I have had two new hips and a knee revision.

I'm wondering how long it is since you had your revision, if this was happening while you were (maybe you still are) under the care of the physio and, if so, what he/she had to say.

It's not something I've ever experienced. Are you still doing your quad exercises? Did you have this problem with the original THR? How did that fail?

I'm sorry. So many questions but I feel we need a bit more info before suggesting anything. On the basis of what you've written so far I'd be inclined to just go back to the physio and see what he/she thinks.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright