Eye eye

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 14. Jul 2018, 04:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
I now have cararacts, fast growing ones, a couple of weeks ago I was barely legal to drive, new glasses every few weeks, I consider this the greatest kick up the bum from life.

No sign of an op according to my gp, 'they're rationed'! My life is on hold.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh no ..this is rotten for you..and disgusting that these ops are rationed..hopefully when Mrs May puts all this money into the NHS :roll: you will get treated..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Airwave, I am so sorry. I was recently reading about this and the time people are having to wait on the NHS. This was in the light of HM the Queen having hers done within about thirty minutes of diagnosis. Ha! Her precious homeopathy didn't stop those, did it? :lol:

Whilst the NHS continues to waste vast amounts of money on, for example, people who are not ill (merely unlucky and unable to deal with that) and in not chasing payment from foreigners who abuse the system , so those in real need will have to want and wait. For the former, yup, life is unfair, get over it. For the latter, surrender passports before treatment, they will be returned on settling the bill. No passport, no treatment. Rocket science it is not. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Airwave, it might be worth consulting PALS about this. The wait is supposed to be 18 weeks but hospitals throughout the country are struggling. Check here https://tinyurl.com/ycftvor9 . Also try contacting RNIB because your risk is greater with two eyes needing surgery.

I was reading this morning that GPs are treating 70 patients per day which is way higher than is safe either for them or the patient.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So sorry to hear about this,(((())))
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I was told they have to "ripen" whatever that means. :?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Airwave!
    To 'ripen' means you wait while others in front get treated. I spoke to a consultant yesterday, the wait to get on the list is about a year and once you're on the list its 3-4 months at present. Cataracts can be treated at any time.

So... I've borrowed some money and having it done privately, I want to get on with life not sit losing confidence and missing out on life, I can't begin to think what I'll be like in 15-16 months otherwise. Holidays can wait.

I feel very let down by the government and politicians.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Don't blame you in the least.Hope all goes well.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Its disgusting that you to pay..they are pushing and pushing towards private health care :roll: ...you are right this country is letting you down..I do hope your op goes well and you can get back to driving very soon...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    I'm not sure that governments have had much choice since the Labour governments big spend, we're still paying it off, no point in borrowing for everyday housekeeping? I do feel that the bugets could have better managed though, why put a politician in charge of finance?

Great Britain seems to have lost the plot somewhere along the line, whats the most important, people or politics?

Ok, rant over!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That doesn't apply only to government, it happens in every walk of life now. Those with no ability, experience, knoweldge and understanding are given jobs to which they are not equal.

I am doing the typical Piscean thing, Airwave: one fish is pleased you will be able to sort this out, the other saddened that you have had to borrow the funding. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    That doesn't apply only to government, it happens in every walk of life now. Those with no ability, experience, knoweldge and understanding are given jobs to which they are not equal.

Some words that might prove useful in this context:-
    kakistocracy, kleptocratic, kratocracy, and my personal favourite, just discovered, snollygoster.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh, daffy, snollygoster is a cream cracker of a word. I had to look it up but it's almost synonymous with 'politician', isn't it? Thank you for that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Just discussing 'snollyghoster' with madam, she says theres a lot of them in the cabinet, as staunch a supporter of British life as I am, its a bit hard to criticise that statement..