Today I can breathe

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
edited 6. Jul 2018, 06:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
And I'm loving it :D

It's about 5 degrees cooler than previously and the difference is wonderful. My joints are easier, I'm less 'wilted' and I can actually do things without feeling drained.

The family came on Saturday and one of our grandson's eyes was totally glued up with hayfever by the time he'd biked the 5-6 miles over here. Our son's best friend was suffering from asthma for the first time in years. Sneezes abounded.

We're just not cut out for summer.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• jennand
    jennand Member Posts: 131
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    After my previous posts about how much better I feel in summer, I have to confess that I am also feeling quite drained now. I thought I’d cope ok as I used to live in Brisbane and still visit every other year and it’s also very humid there. But I’m on holiday there whereas here I still have to do everyday things, although today, I’ve not done much at all. Still prefer it to winter though.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hurrah Sticky, every little helps, yes? I am pleased for you but sorry for the grandson and son's friend: many people who are not usually affected by pollens etc. are struggling, apparently it's to do with the wet May. :?

My left sinus has unblocked itself so my left teeth have stopped aching. My nose is dripping less but pain levels have ramped up to remind me that summer is for others to enjoy, for me to endure. Roll on winter, another season to be endured. :roll: One of the joys of a creaky foot in both camps is that one is never at ease within one's body, as Petula Clarke once warbled there's 'always something there to remind me' that I have arthritis. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I am fed up with people saying to me "roll your sleeves up get some sun on your body " I've given up trying to explain.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm fed up with people, end of. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It's heat more than pollen for me. Mr SW closed the window last night around 9.30pm and I was coughing incessantly five minutes later until I put the fan on. I'm fine at our son's in L.A. because his house is open plan and has both ceiling fans and air con. I'm clearly not designed for a Scottish summer :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    I have often thought it is air pressure that makes a difference to arther, feeling better in the summer, I have strict limits about heat though and start wilting above the early 20'sC.

I've been starting my jobs early and leaving others till late pm in an effort not to wilt! Autumn will be welcome .
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Up until today I've coped reasonably well in myself with the heat as it's been a dry heat without any humidity here in my part of Kent. That's changed today. The blasted humidity is back with a vengeance. :roll: I've got windows open all round the bungalow and now have my D***n blade going in the lounge to try and bring the temperature down.

I have struggled however with my hayfever, so much so I kept going deaf in my right ear and had ear pain with it. My pharmacist said it was because of the extremely high pollen levels. So in addition to my usual pain meds etc., I'm now using a nasal spray twice daily and taking a once-a-day antihistamine tablet which are helping I'm pleased to say. I've got the eye drops on stand-by though.

My joints hate the heat as they swell. So, like DD, I can't win. Wet, cold and icy weather sets my joints off and they swell in the heat, thereby then giving me pain as a result. But I remind myself there's a lot of people worse off than myself so I continue to count my blessings.

I hope everyone is coping as well as possible in the heat.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    We are complicated and complex creatures, Grace. I love your attitude. Hang on to it. It has got you through a lot of bad times and will continue to do so.
    Steven Wright