Biologics and cold sores

Options
BettyMac
BettyMac Member Posts: 202
edited 3. Jul 2018, 15:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
The nurse is coming this morning to get me started on Benepali - and I’ve got a cold sore developing nicely on my top lip (forgot to use my sunscreen on Saturday. Drat!).

Knowing what I know about the herpes virus, I think starting a biologic today is probably not a good idea.

Any thoughts from more experienced biologic users?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've never done either benepoli or cold sores but I think your chances of getting a few relevant replies before you can forestall the nurse's visit are unlikely. I'd suggest you ring, if you have a number, to get advice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 202
    Options
    The nurse has just been
    She wasn't happy about me starting Benepali with an active cold sore so I've to defer until this one's burnt itself out.

We covered everything else. It was a really good appointment.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think I'm right in saying that cold words are caused by the herpes virus so I am not surprised that the benepali is no-go for the time being. I've never had one (well, not yet) and hope I never do because I am one of life's pickers, I love a good scab. Nasty habit, bad girl.

I hope it clears up soon, will sunshine aggravate or help? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    cold words are caused by the herpes virus
    More likely to be heated words I would think, especially for some of the forms....
    Cold sores, now they're another matter.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you Daffy, I keep forgetting I have to check every word I type so the blasted machine outdoor the (for outdoor read puts) the right one. :roll: I do not like this machine. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Evidently a non-arthritic machine DD - hasn't a clue but thinks it knows better anyway.