Hello

Bagpuss123
Bagpuss123 Member Posts: 9
edited 9. Jul 2018, 11:40 in Say Hello Archive
Good morning,

I’m Chrissie, age 46, diagnosed with sero positive rheumatoid arthritis in 2010 at the age of 37.

I wanted to join up and connect with people who understand.

I’m on 15mg methotrexate injections weekly, 500mg naproxen x twice a day, citalopram for anxiety and co dydramol as and when. The rheumatologist recently took me off steroids saying I will suffer and he was right!

I’m struggling to cope at home and have been looking at gadgets.

Although it’s been well controlled for many years I feel it’s getting worse. It’s noticeable now to people that I’m limping, or stiff and struggling.

I had to give up work 3 years ago, I was an administrator but it’s difficult typing with fingers that look like sausages!!! Fatigue was so bad, I was sleeping in my car at lunchtime.

I’m in a lot of pain this morning so I guess I’m in self pity, but it will pass.

I’m happy to be here and look forward to getting to know you.

Chrissie xx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good morning
    Welcome to the forum. I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hanger ons" or care for family with the same.
    There are many people here who have rheumatoid arthritis who will support, empathise, offer advice and friendship.
    Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research produce several booklets and information leaflets about all aspects of Arthritis and related conditions. At the top of the forum page you will find different buttons that you can logged into.
    Hope you find the forum helpful and a friendly place. Look forward to reading more of your posts
    Best wishes
    Chris
  • Bagpuss123
    Thank you, I will have a nosy around the site!

Chrissie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, it's not a bundle of laughs but I don't let it stop me laughing! I started back in 1997 and my meds regimen is injected meth, injected humira (an anti-TNF), blood pressure tablets thanks to the humira, 10mg daily of citalopram for depression and folic acid when I remember. I keep my pain relief to the minimum, it's usually four co-codamol per day, either 30/500 or 12.5/500 as I I can buy those OTC. I find these dull things sufficiently for me to get on but allow for enough feedback I do I know when to stop and have a break. I use walking aids on the rougher days and have a rollator for harder walking such as shopping. I am now 59, haven't worked for a while and don't miss it in the slightest. I am happily married (21 years today in fact!) and deliberately childless, I was born with auto-immune dross and felt no desire to pass it on.

Many of us are struggling with the heat, my PsA is having a whale of a time despite the suppression of the meds: keeping cool and carrying on is very challenging! I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Bagpuss123
    Thank you for taking the time to reply Dream Daisy and wishing you a very happy wedding anniversary!

It’s good to meet you.

Chrissie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're more than welcome, I tend to look in and log on when I'm having a breather.

Thank you for your good wishes, we have spent a quiet day together which has been very pleasant: we had friends to lunch yesterday so today was always going to be quiet, even he is finding the heat draining. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben