Medmin.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 14. Jul 2018, 03:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
For those who don't look in that often that is the word I use for 'medical administration' (and yes, I borrowed the idea from Miranda). :wink:

Around ten days ago HaH sent me a delivery detail email which I didn't hear as my phone wasn't close to hand. 28 minutes after it arrived someone from HaH rang me to arrange the delivery - medmin irritation no.1.

After a somewhat lengthy conversation it was established to the mutual satisfaction of both parties that humira was not required, methotrexate was plus the collection and delivery of a meth sharps. The computer was informed, the date arranged (today) and it was good cheer all-round. No medmin frustration.

The stuff arrived: meth, sharps and humira, which the driver quite rightly refused to take back. I now have 2.5 months' supply. FCOL* how difficult is it to do one's job accurately, professionally and properly? The storage for the humira is not a problem, neither the expiry dates but that is not the point, is it? Medmin irritation no.2. DD

FCOL* = for crying out loud
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds like malmedministration

:roll:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I think it's quite possible that the human parts of the process did work accurately etc. However if the information taken from you did not feed through to the picking list side of things in time(which might be due to human constraints, or lack of a real time join-up in the software), then it wouldn't have been updated before everything was packed up for delivery. The difficulty then is if that late request is logged and used to make up the delivery next time, rather than being deleted as out of date, you could end up with the delivery you requested this time, next time.....
    If the software being used isn't the best fit for the use to which it's put(or doesn't have adequate hardware to run it as we struggle with where I work) then there are always going to be glitches. However there is precious little accountability these days and so, as long as the firm involved meets enough of the tick boxes on which the tender/contract was awarded and continues in place, the faulty or inadequate systems stay. As it's the 'customer facing staff' who get all the aggro when things go wrong, rather than the decision makers at the top safely out of harm's way, problems can be and are ignored.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    BettyMac wrote:
    Sounds like malmedministration

:roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I love it.

Daffy, that sounds like a very plausible explanation of many instances of when "Computer says no" and suchlike.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Your wisdom, Daffy, is something I greatly admire (and envy). Thank you all for your replies, especially BM's clever re-working of my term! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Not once since I had a new phone and called them to give my new number have I had a text reminder so I just log into my account to find out what time my delivery will be its not really a problem as I know the day and make sure Im in.