Back again

ted48
ted48 Member Posts: 16
edited 30. Jul 2018, 04:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone I have not been on this site for quite sometime as everything was going fairly well but I have had a really torrid time of late I seem to be getting one flare up after another a couple of weeks ago I had a really bad flare on my knees at the time I had one of the worse colds I can remember. I saw the Consultant last week and he sent me for blood tests and x-rays on my knees so I await the outcome but I have a feeling the medication is not working so well now. At the moment I have a really painful shoulder and feel pretty rough. The trouble is nobody knows what you are going trough they assume because you look alright you must be ok little do they know. I felt I had to get in touch again all I can say is thank you for being there only those who know what it's like understand. I promise to keep in touch once again thanks. Ted48

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome back Ted48

I am sorry to hear things are rough for you at the moment and don't worry the members here will do their best to support you.

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I, too, am sorry, Ted. It's true that, when we look OK, everyone assumes we are. This only makes things much worse.

The bad cold might well have set off something. In the bad old days I used to find that anything that raised my temperature set off the RA. Things are much steadier now that my RA is well-controlled but something of the sort might have happened to you. And, of course, things always take much longer to get better than to get bad :roll: Keep us in the loop.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ted48
    I, too, am sorry, Ted. It's true that, when we look OK, everyone assumes we are. This only makes things much worse.

The bad cold might well have set off something. In the bad old days I used to find that anything that raised my temperature set off the RA. Things are much steadier now that my RA is well-controlled but something of the sort might have happened to you. And, of course, things always take much longer to get better than to get bad :roll: Keep us in the loop.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I am sorry that things have not been going so well, I confess I don't recall what kind of arthritis you have or what your medication is but from what you have said it sounds auto-immune in nature. I have one of those and it's having a whale of a time at the moment thanks to the heat and increased pollen etc. On the other hand my OA is barely raising a murmur so that's a positive.

My hospital has always advised me, when ill with a bug, sore throat or temperature to skip the meds for a week or two and that helps me to get better. We can benefit from meds reviews every now and again because what has worked in the past may not be so effective in the present, our conditions develop as they progress and different / stronger medication can be a better option.

If you want to reply look to the left under the comment, where it says 'reply to topic' - clicking on that brings up a clean screen. The 'reply with quote' option is not so clear. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ted48
    Thanks Dreamdaisey I have RA and usually it's very good during the summer but what with painful joints and fatigue it's been a bit of a struggle of late. I saw the Consultant last week had blood tests and x-ray of the knees will have to wait and see the outcome.
    Only those who what it is like understand.
    Ted48
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, time has moved on, how are things going now? I hope you are feeling better in yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ted48
    Hello Dreamdaisy

Sorry I not got back sooner I am not doing too bad knees a bit stiff fatique is always a problem made worse by the intence heat we have had lately no flare ups at the moment thank goodness.

Hope all is well with you and thank you for asking.

Ted48