Greetings

Mctricky88
Mctricky88 Member Posts: 7
edited 26. Jul 2018, 06:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,
Not been here for a few years but thought it was about time to check back.
I'm now retired having got ill health retirement from work after a long battle at the ripe old age of 62.
I've lived with Arthur since about the age of 28 when I was living life in HM Submarines (not the healthiest lifestyle in the world) and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis though luckily I don't get much psoriasis.
I've had alot of operations / joint replacements over the years starting with right hip at age 34 and latest being my
left knee just before Christmas 2017.
I'm more metal than muscle these days and am awaiting shoulder replacement at the moment though don't have a date.
I find it inspiring to read the stories on the forum of how folk cope with the pain and manage to get on with life one way or another despite the curse or blessing of Arthur.
Hopefully I can contribute my wee bit to the banter when the fingers can cope, I won't bother saying fingers crossed because that stopped being a possibility a long time back.
I look forward to catching up with you folks . . . . . . .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello
    Welcome back to the forums. I am one of the moderation team and we all have One or more of the Arthritis "hangers on" or look after family with the same.

You, as you probably remember from the last time you used the forums, find support, empathy, advice, friendliness and light relief.

I look forward to reading future posts from you.

Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello! I too have PsA plus OA but no replacements as yet, don't think I want any either. It's lovely to have you back and I hope you find the forum to be of interest, new voices are always welcome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mctricky88
    Mctricky88 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks ChrisK,

Hopefully I can pick up some tips as well as maybe pass some on.

Thanks DD,

It's certainly interesting to come on and read so many posts that I can relate to only too well. I rely alot on Positive Mental attitude and believe it helps me get through many difficult times living with Arthur. I've been fortunate to be able to have joints replaced as I certainly wouldn't be walking about (if you can call it that) without them. Thanks again for the welcome!

Mctricky
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I totally agree about the PMA, it makes a big difference for me too. I have used aids for years and have been working with a personal trainer over the last year, I am walking better without crutches for the least 20 minutes at a time but still use my rollator for longer distances such as shopping and going to music festivals. Each to their own, yes? Retirement a few years ago came as a blessing, despite being self-employed so able to tailor things to suit my needs, to finally stop came as a bigger relief than expected. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    Hello and welcome back :D though, in all honesty, I can't remember you :oops:

I've had a few joints replaced. Shoulders are still my own though, for what they're worth (not a lot :wink: ) and it always makes me smile when people say they can't cross their fingers as I have a couple which keep crossing whenever they feel like it, always at unwelcome moments, so I have to uncross them using my other hand. Unarthritic folk lead such simple lives, don't they :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright