Advice Needed! Loss of sensitivity in finger

Options
Lottt
Lottt Member Posts: 3
edited 1. Aug 2018, 06:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I'm 22years old w lumbar spine arthritis

I have the 'usual' walking problems, balance, loss of sensitivity etc.
I get these flashes of symptoms which differ, last a week and are recurring. For the past four days consecutively my Middle finger has been feeling swollen and numb. It doesn't look swollen and I can still feel it. I find this hard to explain! 😰

It's a loss of sensitivity particularly on one finger continuously, it's very weird but I've been feeling these flashes of symptoms all over the right side of my body for some time now.

Is this normal? Should I see my GP or just wait till it goes away?
Could it be anything??
Very new to this whole arthritis thing and have been struggling with symptoms!
Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lotti Welcome to the forum. So sorry that you are in pain right now,we all understand that as we are all suffering from some form of Arthritis.
    Any symptoms should be directed to your GPS especially if they are new.
    If you need to talk to someone we have a telephone number 0808 800 4050 someone will be able to help you and give advice
    All the best on the forum
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We are not doctors so cannot offer any opinion but, to my way of thinking, what you are experiencing is not normal. Start with your GP and take it from there - I hope you find an answer. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello Lottt and welcome from me too.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the others. You should take these symptoms to your GP.

I'm a veteran of RA and OA in most joints but my back is reasonably OK so I can't identify with what you have written. You write about " the 'usual' walking problems, balance, loss of sensitivity etc." but, from what I've read on here, I wouldn't necessarily think of these things as being 'usual' especially in the early stages of arthritis.

I really think you need to go back to your GP and, in the meantime, keep a diary of symptoms - when they occur and when they disappear etc as that will help him / her to get to the root of the problem. Please let us know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Lottt
    Lottt Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you dreamDaisy & StickyWicket. So kind of you both to reply very appreciated!

@StickyWicket I put the 'usual' bcos due to my understanding I thought this was normal! :0 My mistake!
    What I've described is just minimal as I wanted the post to be a quick read!
    I've been to Drs and several bloods and MRIs however nothing... Currently starting Physio hopefully can give me some help.

I will definitely take your advice and start my diary and deffo book an appointment this week!
    Will let you know how I get on.

Thank you 😊
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I get a loss of feeling around my hip and knees with hot flushes down my leg pins and needles down both arms, sound familiar?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You're more than welcome. I've re-read your post and cannot relate to any of those symptoms as being 'usual' for arthritis . My usual is pain, stiffness and the occasional wobble due to lack of concentration when walking about, however my spine is currently unaffected which might make a difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm a great believer in physio. I hope it helps :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright