Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Garter belt?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sudden thought (I was tired yesterday) : if you meant sliding then maybe a smaller size would help, but if you meant rolling that is what it does, I used to end up with quite a sausage around my upper knee so was forever unrolling, vey tedious. :roll:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jennand
    jennand Member Posts: 131
    May I ask what is the reason you have tubigrip on your thigh? I can’t really think of any benefits for it. Do you mean that you have a full leg tubigrip and it’s rolling down from the thigh? If it’s for compression maybe a surgical stocking would be better. It would still need pulling up frequently, but I believe it would be better than tubigrip.
  • Lotsofpain
    Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157
    I am trying to provide some support to my tight painful adductors which are hell especially when I over from sitting to standing
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Has a doctor or physio advised this? It seems an odd thing to do and I don't see how it would help arthritis anywhere.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jennand
    jennand Member Posts: 131
    I’m not sure that tubigrip is the best way of dealing with this. I’m assuming that it’s not arthritis related but you do have other arthritis problems. Firstly, have you seen a Dr or physio who has told you that the adductor muscles are tight? If so, have they given you a reason? If there is no underlying damage that is causing this, if it’s merely “ tightness”, then I doubt tubigrip would have any benefit. I have a very good book of stretching exercises which I find is extremely helpful if I do them regularly. Not only do the exercises help with general flexibility, I find that many of them help my OA but not necessarily my RA. You can also find many of these stretching exercises online if you don’t want to buy a book.