Vaping

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 20. Aug 2018, 12:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'll warn you, I'm going to sound like an old curmudgeon. (Because I am :wink: )

I'm happy for people to vape in their own homes but I do not want to sit in a public place and have to take in other people's vapes(?). There is some evidence (too early to tell yet) that it might damage users' immune systems so I guess I should be grateful as my RA is a result of an overactive immune system and I have to take nasty meds to lower mine - but I'm not. Each to his / her own immune system, I say.

And I don't see why the GB tax payer should fund these cigarettes even if they do help people to give up on nicotine. I gave up on nicotine cigarettes (twice :oops: ) with no help, no vapes and just - on the second occasion - the aid of bronchitis so bad I could hardly take in air let alone cigarette smoke. If people are not buying cigarettes, surely they can afford to buy their own vaping stuff.

I know it's all about money. I know it's cheaper to nanny people into giving up cigarettes than to pay the NHS bills resulting from their continued habit. But, at what point do we start taking responsibility for our own lives?

Yours,

Victoria Meldrew
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll join you in curmudgeon corner Sticky. I don't care whether the vapour is harmless or not - I don't want to get enveloped in clouds of smell, some of which does a good job of irritating my nose and throat if I'm stupid enough to be breathing at the same time as some inconsiderate person exhales. I certainly don't want it anywhere I am eating.
    Wonder how many MPs have invested in companies dealing in such goods.....
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello Sticky
    Yes we agree with you if they want to harm there bodies let them but not ours.
    take care
    Joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Completely agree. If you want to indulge then pay for the habit, the NHS is there for people who are ill which seems to be an increasingly inconvenient fact. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    daffy2 wrote:
    I certainly don't want it anywhere I am eating.
    Wonder how many MPs have invested in companies dealing in such goods.....

I find it hard to believe that, not so long ago, we all accepted smoke in restaurants.

As for MPs, daffy - or are about to.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Why would anyone want to willingly breath in secondhand nicotine fumes?

Mine you we have to brave worse to get into pubs, theatres, public spaces now!