Peanut Butter Biscuits

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 12. Sep 2018, 17:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Talk about easy.

Ingredients

200g of caster sugar
260g of crunchy peanut butter (basically one of the smaller jars)
1 egg, beaten.

Method

Preheat the oven to 195 degrees.

Put all three ingredients into a bowl and mix together until the sides of the bowl come away clean and you have a 'dough'.

Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper then take a lump of the dough, about the size of a 50p piece and roll it into a ball; repeat until boredom sets in. This quantity makes 25 biscuits but it could be more, or less, depending on how big you make 'em.

Place each ball on the tray, setting them around an inch apart. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork to give a nice, ridged appearance then put the tray in the the oven.

Bake for around 15 - 20 minutes, the shorter the time the squidgier they will be. When nicely golden remove from the oven and put on a cooling rack to, er, cool. I forgot to check mine so they went over the 20, burned a bit and were very short but still tasted good! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mmmmmmm…………….. :D

Thank you for that!!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    No flour?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    No, that surprised me too but it works! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Thanks DD will give this a try.. so easy and that is what I like these days..and something to get our GD involved in :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,708
    Sounds rather nice but I think my chances of stirring anything into peanut butter are minimal. I struggle to spread it on bread for a peanut butter and mashed banana sandwich and I don't care what you think, I love 'em :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Will have to try this. Thanks DD. By the way home-made popcorn with a large spoonful of peanut butter warmed then stirred in is very tasty, made it with my grandsons.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich